Still debating about how to ring in the New Year? How about a simple gathering at home with your closets pals, good food, fun cocktails and great music. I’ve rounded up the best of the web to give you easy peazy party inspiration.
I love the look of streamers hung from above. This image via Martha Stewart comes complete with DIY instructions. If you don’t have the time to craft yourself – check out your local craft or paper store for some ready made garland.
Let your favors do double duty as a simple centerpiece until midnight rolls in. Image via Martha Stewart. I suggest sticking with a simple color palette that works with your serving pieces. Classic gold and silver will work with anything, as will black and white.
I like this casual cocktail party menu from Delish. Combining store-bought with some homemade, it makes for the perfect simple feast that won’t leave you stressed.
Serve up these yummy pomegranate ginger champagne cocktails from Epicurious.
Some classics mixed with some of the best dance tunes of the past decade to help your party get it’s groove on…
- Good Riddance – Greenday
- 1999 - Prince. Overdone – for sure, but a classic can’t miss.
- Just Dance – Lady Gaga
- Don’t Stop ‘Til You Get Enough – Michael Jackson
- Party in the U.S.A. – Miley Cyrus. Noddin’ my head like yeah, Movin’ my hips like yeah…
- Sexy Back – Justin Timberlake
- Let’s Get it Started - Black Eyed Peas
- Single Ladies - Beyonce
- Umbrella – Rihanna
- I Kissed a Girl – Katy Perry
- Fight for Your Right - Beastie Boys
- Celebration – Kool & the Gang
- Stronger – Kanye West
- Auld Lang Syne – Robert Burns. For that midnight smooch.
So, whatcha waiting for? Get those e-invites out pronto and get your party hat on!